Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Letter #43


안녕하세요!
 
Well it has definitely been a crazy week! We had the baptism last night and it was a HUGE success! The chapel was FULL of missionaries and ward members...everyone wanted to be there. The baptism was absolutely beautiful and 박 자매님 (Sister Park) was so happy. She was glowing the whole day! Sister Brady gave a talk on Baptism and I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Sister Park played a song on the guitar and there was a beautiful opera number by a sister in the ward that she is now attending. Then after the baptism and Sister Park was getting dressed into dry clothes, my district of Elders did a special presentation that I had asked them to do. They sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" and two of the Elders gave a brief summary of the first lesson with their testimonies, then they sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" and two other Elders gave a summary of the Plan of Salvation with their testimonies, and lastly they sang a song about Jesus Christ and the last two Elders spoke on the Doctrine of Christ with their testimonies. I was not able to see the actual presentation because I was with Sister Park, but when we entered the chapel, the Spirit was so strong and there were many wet eyes. President and Sister Gilbert told me at the end of the baptism that the presentation was amazing and that we did the baptism perfectly....everything was planned out and performed with exactness! YES!!!! I was so grateful that it could be so beautiful and perfect for Sister Park. I think it was one of the most beautiful baptisms that I have been to here in Korea! I was so thankful!
 
On Thursday, I got a random call from President and Sister Gilbert inviting us over for Thanksgiving lunch at their home! I was so surprized! I thought I would not be having a thanksgiving this year, but my whole district was invited and we filled the table! At lunch, as we ate a traditional thanksgiving meal...even with pumpkin pie :) we went around the table and said what we were thankful for! I am so thankful to be here in Korea as a servant of the Lord, learning this language and culture, and making relationships that will last forever! What a special blessing!
 
Well this last week, my companion and I decided that none of our investigators have been progressing for a long time (some since my third transfer) and we decided to stop meeting with them and start new. It was something I was not expecting to do, but as we made the decision and after, I felt so good about our decision. It is hard not having people to meet with, but I feel that there are other people being prepared to hear our message. And since this decision, we have been blessed to meet with some new people. Even last night as we were planning, I felt like I needed to look in one of our area books at the contacts. I didn't know why, especially because they had been updated. But I opened it up and found a whole page of contacts that had not been called. I saw one and remembered meeting that woman back in my fourth transfer and felt that I needed to call her....and right then. I called her and we talked for just a few minutes and I asked her if we could meet this week. She said yes without hesitation and we set an appointment for Saturday. I feel like Heavenly Father has been blessing us and is leading us in who to call, who to visit, and where to go. I am happy with this decision we have made. The work is probably going to be a little bit hard at first, but I think Heavenly Father has special plans for this area!
 
Well, I love you all so much and am grateful for your support, prayers, letters, kind words, and thoughts! I am so grateful to be here and am so happy to have this opportunity to be on the Lord's time serving in His place! I know this church is true, that Jesus is our Savior and that He loves each and every one of us. As we get ready for Christmas, if you will join me in the White Christmas challenge given from Sister Gilbert to all the missionaries and ward members, to take a Book of Mormon and read and mark it for someone else, then on Christmas day, give that as a gift, I know that we will be able to see so many miracles of people's hearts changing and coming closer to their Savior! I am thankful for so many of you that have already told me that you are taking this challenge! It is such a special opportunity and I am happy we can do it together!
 
I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
 
사랑합니다!
커시 자매
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment