Monday, November 26, 2012

Letter #42

안녕하세요!
 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I can't believe that it is already time for Thanksgiving....time is going by so fast! I am so thankful this Thanksgiving, probably more thankful than ever before! I am so thankful for a family and friends that love and support me, for the opportunity to be here in Korea teaching the gospel and the truth to the world! I am so full of gratitude that words cannot express what is in my heart!
 
This week, I met with 박 자매님 (Sister Park). I met here at English class when I was serving in my third transfer in 연산. She started taking the lessons, and her testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith grew rapidly! She had such a strong desire to be baptized and become a member of our church. Because she quit her job and her mother was diagnosed with liver cancer, she stopped meeting with us for lessons and studies. Through the months, Sister Brady and I would occationally text or call her to make sure that she was ok and let her know that we were thinking and praying for her. About a week ago, I got a text message from her telling me that she wanted to meet on Saturday and be prepared for her baptism. I got to meet her on Saturday and it was one of the sweetest reunions I have ever had! She was doing great and was so excited about her upcoming baptism! We scheduled a date and we attended church with her in the ward that she lives in. The members have never had sister missionaries in their ward before, because they work with the President and Sister Gilbert and all the office missionaries. They were so excited to see us and even more excited to have a new member of their ward! They haven't had a baptism in this ward in probably about a year! Her baptism is scheduled for this Sunday at 4:00! I am so excited and what a special Thanksgiving gift that Heavenly Father is blessing our mission with!
 
This week, I have learned so much about the power of prayer. I have learned that when we have thankful hearts and express that thanks to our Heavenly Father, His spirit will be with us stronger and we will be guided and directed in all that He wants us to accomplish! I have felt so close to Him this week and feel like He is walking right beside me, lifting me and helping me to know what to say and where to go! I know that He loves us and that we are His children! I know that He wants to be with us always, and it is up to us to let Him into our lives!
 
I love you all and am grateful for all of you!
 
사랑합니다!
커시 자매
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment