Thursday, January 10, 2013

Letter #48


안녕하세요!
 
This was a great week! My companion and I worked our butts off trying to have the best planning and be the most focused! This is the best kind of missionary work and my absolute favorite way to do the Lord's work! My companion always says that she is so impressed with the way that I do things out here and that the time just flies by! Haha! Like Dad always says, "time flies by when you are having fun!" This is so true. And when you are busy and thinking of others, the time is fun! We don't have any investigators right now, but because we do such careful and thourough planning, we are never bored and always busy!
 
We dropped by a less-active's house this week that we always drop by. She never answers her door and in all the time that I have served here, I have only talked to her on the phone but never seen her in person. But this week, she opened her door and let us in! Maybe because the weather was freezing, or because the cookies that I left on her door the week before, I don't know, but it was a HUGE Miracle! We sat in her home and just talked. We shared a message from General Conference from our prophet on blessings. She was so open and so kind to us. Before we left, she said that the cookies we gave her were so delicious and she said that she wanted us to come back and teach her how to make them! I had made snickerdoodles, which cannot be found here in Korea, and all the Korean people LOVE them! They are the best way to make the members and the less-active members love you! haha! I love being an American! :) She gave us a HUGE bag of food before we left. I couldn't believe it!
 
We have had so many experiences like this this last week and such huge miracles! I am so grateful that things are starting to get back to normal! :)
 
Last night, we met with my recent convert to do a lesson. She is doing great and is so happy being a member of the church! She brought her non-member boyfriend along that has absolutely no interest in the church. We had planned to teach her the first lesson about the restoration, but he explained that he had met with the elders and had that lesson. So on the fly, we switched the lesson to the Plan of Salvation. We focused on our recent convert and told him that if he wanted to listen he could, but no pressure. He listened the whole lesson and even asked questions. 박 자매님 (Sister Park) was so great and just kept bearing testimony and her feelings about the Plan of Salvation and how she felt at her baptism. At the end of the lesson, we asked her to read 2 Nephi 2 and call us if she had questions or could not understand. I then looked at her boyfriend and asked him if he would do the same. To ALL of our surprise, he said yes! I asked him if he had a Book of Mormon. He said that the Elders had offered him one and he did not accept, but that tonight, he could not reject! There was a change in him and he said that tonight in our lesson, he had many questions answered that he never could find the answers to.
 
I know that this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ is the true gospel on the earth! It has all TRUTH! It does give us answers to all of life's questions, and even personal questions in our own lives! I love this gospel! I am so priviledged to be here serving the Lord and having this opportunity to completely focus my thougths on my Savior and serving His people at this time! I love this work. I love all of you!
 
Have a great week!
 
사랑합니다!
 
커시 자매
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment