Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Letter #47


안녕하세요!
 
Happy New Year!!!! I can't believe that it is already 2013! Where has the time gone? I was leaving for my mission just one year ago....the time has flown by! Holy cow!
 
So the work is REALLY slow right now. All of our investigators are not wanting to meet and none of them are progressing. We have been doing a lot of less-active work, which has been nice since it feels like a long time since I have just focused on the less-active members of our wards. We had a complete miracle this week! We decided to go drop by two less-active women at their shops. They are both women from the 연산 ward. I have been visiting them on-and-off since my third transfer (so about 6 or 7 months now). They are very sweet woman, but everytime I would drop by their shops, they would be awkward and act like they didn't have time to talk. But this week when my companion and I dropped by, they sat down and actually talked to us and let us share a message! It was amazing! So cool to see the little-by-little change that is happening in both of them! :)
 
I have learned a lot about opposition in all things these last few weeks. I feel like everytime there is about to be a big blessing or break-through, Satan comes in and attacks us with thoughts of inadequecy or that we can't do it. Just when we feel like we have done all that we can do and are about to give up, we receive a blessing that brings us more knowledge and understanding and we grow and are able to be an even bigger influence! My companion and I have been helping each other through our own personal challenges and are seeing the many miracles that come from overcoming our fears with faith, and relying on God in all things!
 
I also have seen the influence that obedience has in having success as a missionary. These last two transfers have been hard to give my whole heart to the work, stay focused, and be completely obedient. I can see the change in myself and in the work from doing this. It makes the work hard and everything seems to fall apart. I believe that with obedience in all that we do, our success will not only improve, but we will gain God's trust, and our testimonies will also increase in a way that is indescribable!
 
Last night, we met with a young lady that teaches English at the university here in Busan. I has been a long time since I have taught the Restoration lesson in English, but it was one of the most amazing experiences for me. I was able to see how much I have improved in my teaching and especially how much my testimony has grown. I could tell that this young woman had felt the spirit, and I even told her that the feeling that she was feeling right now is telling her the truth of the message that we had shared with her. I have realized that the Spirit is so much more than just a feeling that we receive, but it is a message of truth and guidance from a loving Heavenly Father to His children to help them understand where to go and what to believe. What a beautiful blessing that God has given to each of His children to communicate with them!
 
I am so blessed to be here as a missionary and the life-long lessons that I will forever remember, that will shape the decisions that I make for the rest of my life! I am excited for this new year, and I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday and a great start to your new year!
 
I love you all!
 
사랑합니다!
커시 자매
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment