Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letter #15

I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well and is happy! I am also so happy to hear that the weather is so beautiful at home! So fun!

This week was pretty rough I'm not going to lie. I got extremely sick and couldn't get out of bed for a day and a half. We were booked up this week with appointments and were still getting ready for our questions of the soul project. I felt horrible because we had to cancel appointments and I felt like we were wasting precious time. But it gave my companion A LOT of time to research for our project and get ready for the talk we have to give tomorrow in Busan. Sister Gilbert has asked my companion and I to give a talk about it to the new missionaries and the trainers about what we have been doing in our area with this project and how the Book of Mormon has influenced our work! We are thrilled to share what we have learned and we know that so many want to hear about our experiences. President and Sister Gilbert have been telling missionaries that they have been visiting all about it and we can't wait to share what has helped us and how they can use it! Our vision, along with the Gilberts, is to get all the missionaries in our mission doing these questions of the soul with themselves, the people they meet on the streets, and their investigators! We can see how this is going to change our mission!
We have asked our district to help us prepare for this project and ask people they meet about their questions while on the streets. My companion and I have had little success in our attempts so far and it was getting hard to see this vision start. We got a call from two of the Elders in our district who asked a man on the street his question and opened the Book of Mormon right on the street and taught him. They said the experience was amazing and they were so blown away with how this man responded! They were so excited and their excitment was contageous! We were all smiling ear to ear and giggling on the phone together! It is so wonderful to learn from other missionaries and be uplifted by them! The Elders in my district have been such wonderful examples to me and I am so grateful for them. They absolutely love this work and stay so positive! They are also so willing to drop everything and serve others. I am grateful for their support on this idea of ours and their willingness to help and share with us what they have learned.

Our ward has also been such a huge help and support in this calling. They helped us fill out copies of the Book of Mormon with their testimonies to give away at the activity on Saturday! They are wonderful and I can feel of their love for me! I have learned so much from their examples and the way that they so easily help and give to me and others!

I am so happy and grateful to be here! I am humbled to be doing this work and I love every minute of it! I have learned so much and can't wait to continue learning! I love you all so much and am so grateful for your endless love and support towards me!

I also am sending a few pictures! I hope you enjoy!!
I love you all!

Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment