Thursday, March 1, 2012

Letter #6

An nyong hah sey yo!
 
First of all congratulations Kira and Joe on your new baby! She is absolutely beautiful! I am so excited for you and your family! Thank you Aunt Cindy for the pictures and the kind, encouraging words! That meant so much to me!
 
So this week was pretty difficult for me. The language is harder than ever and I felt pretty discouraged. There was one lesson that my companions and I taught where I didn't even say a word. It was horrible! But I keep a good attitude and just look at how much I have progressed and thank Heavenly Father for how much I have learned so far. My companions and I are pushing ourselves even more and now we are starting to do lessons without notes or notecards. It is hard but it will be worth it in the end. My companions are wonderful and we are very good friends. It is crazy to see how different we all are and our contrasting personalities, but how well we work together. I think this is because we are all here for the same reason: to help others come unto Christ. I am grateful for them! 
 
This week we received three new roommates, so now we have a full room. They are only here for three weeks because they are going state-side, but they are very kind and I enjoy their company. Tomorrow we are getting the new district of Elders and Sisters going to Korea! I can't believe that we are now the oldest district! To set the ton for the new district, our whole brach is having an SYL (Speak Your Language) Day on Thursday for the whole day. So we will only be speaking Korean! We have had a couple of half days as a district, but this will really push us to go the whole day! I am grateful for my hard-working district and their diligence and willingness to learn! They inspire me and I love that we all work together and uplift eachother! It is a blessing! We all just want to be obedient and the best we can be!
 
By the end of the week, we had TRC with voluteers that come and listen to us teach. We taught about church attendance and how you receive revelation by attending church. It was the first lesson that I felt that my sentences flowed and that I knew what the investigator was saying. I hope that it will continue getting better.
 
We started learning how to proselyte this week and received a new "investigator". He is Buddist and does not know who God is. It has been a humbling experience and challenge to learn how to prepare and teach lessons with someone who has never known a God before. I realized that I am going to have to deal with this a lot while in Korea and I am so humbled at the opportunity to teach of such a special topic that is so dear to me - how I know there is a God. I am still searching and studying on how to do this and explain these simple truths and I would love to know if any of you have any suggestions, experiences, or comments that would help me to learn to teach this.  
 
This week the principle that stood out the most to me was that I can do nothing without the Spirit. I am here on a mission simply to be an instument for my Heavenly Father to bring His children closer to Him and unto Christ. I simply need to be obedient, humble, work as hard as I can, and have the spirit, and the Lord will simply do the rest! I rely completely on Him. He knows where I need to go and what I need to say and the people that I will touch. I just need to listen and He will lead me! I am grateful for this gospel and know that it is Christ's gosple on the Earth!
 
I love you all!
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment