Saturday, March 24, 2012

Letter #10

An nyong hah say yo!
 
This is my last P-day here at the MTC! I cannot believe the time is finally here for us to go to Korea! It doesn't even feel real. I have so many mixed emotions about going. I am so extremely excited, but more nervous than I have ever been in my life for something!
 
This week flew by! With the natives here everyday seems fun and exciting. I have started keeping a list of all the people they say that I look like. They say that I look like a movie star. So far on my list I have been told I look like one of the girls off of Charlie's Angels, Elle Woods off of Legally Blonde, Britney Spears, and Barbie. I don't know whether to take these as compliments or not, but it is very entertaining! They said that when I get to Korea everyone will want to talk to me because I am always happy and loud! ha ha! I guess we will see soon!
 
On Wednesday my branch had the opportunity to host in the new missionaries. That was fun and brought back memories of my first day here at the MTC. We get to do it again tomorrow.
 
We also were asked if we could get our pictures taken while we worked out in the gym, for the new MTC orientation page. That was fun and very entertaining. I did it just so that when Colin and Dallin get to the MTC they will see my picture and recognize a familiar face! haha! :)
 
We got our travel plans on Thursday and will be leaving Monday morning. We are flying to Seattle, then Tokyo, and then finally to Busan! It will be a long trip, but I am excited to be going with eleven others from our branch!
 
Even with all the fears and nerves that I am experiencing, something stuck out to me during Relief Society on Sunday that has brought me much comfort. Barbara Bradshaw came and spoke to the sisters and her talk was on Mosiah 7:33. She expressed to us the importance of turning to the Lord with full purpose of heart and putting our trust in Him. The Lord knows us based on the desires and intent of our hearts. He knows all of our capacity and our potential in being the instrument He needs us to be. We need to trust in Him always and be obedient to His commandments, because He knows us better than we know ourselves! Nephi was the perfect example of trust and obedience. Even when asked by the Lord to do things that he did not understand, He never questioned Him. 1 Nephi 3:7. Like Nephi, we should never question the Lord when He asks us to do something, and most importantly we should never question ourselves. He knows us and our hearts and our potential. He has full trust in us when He calls us or asks us to do something, so we need to believe that we can do it! We need to believe in ourselves because we are His children!
 
I know that Heavenly Father loves me and loves each one of you! He knows us personally: our joys, our struggles, our pains. He wants to be there for us and waits for us to come to Him in prayer. I have full confidence and trust in Him and His will! He has asked me to serve in Korea and I have confidence that He will help me to serve and brings those that are waiting for the gospel unto Him! I am grateful for this gospel and for the Savior's perfect example of how to live a happy life! I am so excited for this new adventure ahead of me and am so extremely humbled by your love, prayers, and support for me at this time!
 
Have a wonderful week! I love you all!
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment