Thursday, March 1, 2012

Letter #7

An nyong hah seh yo!!!
 
So much has happened this week! We got the new district on Wednesday and they are wonderful! They are so excited to be here and it has been fun trying to help them with the language! One of the Elders from the new district is from Cambodia and is the first Cambodian to go to Korea! He had never been to the temple, so this morning to whole brach was able to be there for his endownment! It was an experience that I will never forget! Having the whole branch there made it so special because we are all like family. He was so happy and the Spirit was so strong the whole time during the session! When we walked out of the temple, the snow was falling and the whole world was white! It was his first time seeing snow too, so we took pictures and were all white by the time we got back to the MTC! It was a wonderful morning!
 
So on Saturday morning I had the best day since being here at the MTC. I want to write to you what I wrote in my journal that day, " Today was the best day I have had so far at the MTC! I had an incredible experience in TRC today with my companions. Our subject to teach was up to us this week because it was an introduction lesson. We choose the doctrine of Christ and had prepared a lesson to be fit for a member of the church. When we arrived at TRC, however, we were told that our family was a real investigator who had met with the missionaries just the week before. We had not planned our lesson for an investigator adn had only brought our scriptures with us. We had no idea what to do and no time to plan or change our lesson, so we just prayed for support and love and went into the room. The moment we entered the room, a feeling I have never felt before came upon me. I could literally feel the mantal on my shoulders. It was a feeling I cannot describe. A feeling of power and peace was upon me and at that moment I was exactly where I needed to be and was in my Heavenly Father's hands. The investigator's name is Kim Mary and is from Jeju Island ( the island in the Busan mission!), and is a freshman in high school! She is an exchange student and is living with a couple who were recent converts of the church (about 20 years ago). The host mom, Lisa, knew no Korean, so they also had a member there that knew both Korean and English. So after meeting her and getting to know her, we started our lesson. It was incredible how the words literally flowed out of my mouth. There were times when I wasn't even thinking about how I was saying words or phrases, but I knew what I was saying to her. The Spirit was incredibly strong and she was so intent on what I had to say. I was able to look her in the eyes and tell her, from my heart, my thoughts and beliefs." It is amazing to see how the Lord uses His servants to do His word and to say the things He wants them to say! I was so humbled to feel His power with me and to see the Spirit that could come from my words. I could see the impact I was having on this young woman in that woman and it changed me!
 
This week I also finished memorizing the First Vision in Korean. It was really funny because I was waiting in line in the cafeteria reciting the First Vision and it was the first time that I got through it! I started freaking out (and you all know how I am when that happens) and this poor elder in front of me had to be the one that I freaked out on! I was so excited and was telling him what I just did and that he literally had just witnessed a miracle! haha! I seriously thought it would be impossible to do, but I did it! He said he was proud of me because he couldn't even do it in Spanish yet! ha! And right when I finished with that, our teacher had us start memorizing D&C 4 in Korean! Now I know I'm in trouble!
 
The Korean langauge is coming...slowly, but it is coming. It gets discouraging at times, but I just make sure that I keep an eternal perspective of why I am here - and that is not to learn Korean, but to bring the Korean people unto Christ. The language will come!
 
I found out yesterday that Busan now has the members to build a temple now! I was so excited to hear this news! I don't know when they will have the money and when the right time will be to build a temple there, but my dream is that someday there will be a temple there for the people!
 
Everything is going very well here! I have made it through 2/3 of the MTC and only have a month left! I am so excited! I have been so blessed here at the MTC with wonderful companions, friends, and an amazing branch presidency and district! I cannot stop talking about how wonderful they are! We are all friends, especially my district, and now we feel like a family! It is going to be so hard to say good-bye to all of them when we go our seperate ways in a month!
 
I love you all and I hope you all are well and happy! I am grateful to be here and to be a missionary of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ!
 
All my love,
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment