Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Letter #60

안녕하세요!

Happy Birthday Mom and Aunt Terri! :) Thinking about you both today
and hope that you have a great birthday! I love you both!

So this week I spent most of my time in Busan for training meetings. I
had no companion so was paired with two of the other trainers for a
few days as we waited for our trainees to come from the MTC. I got to
serve with Sister Kent and Sister 윤진아 in 김해, my old area before coming
to Jeju. It was a total blast! Because all three of us sisters had
served in that area before, we were able to go through all of the
people and help organize the area. There was a lot of changes that
needed to be made, especailly with new elders being in the area, so we
were able to meet with the Elders and explained what was going on with
the people in the branch and the investigators in that area! It was so
fun to be back serving with Sister Kent for a while, especially
because the last time that we had served together was back in my
second area when we both knew absolutely nothing. It was fun to see
how much we had changed.

Training days were an absolute blast!!!! We got to meet all of the
excited trainees, and had a procelyting activity with them where we
were all paired off and had to ride the subway together and procelyte
at Busan University. I was first paired off with an American sister
from Logan, Ut, and then two Korean sisters. It was so fun to see how
scared they were, but the courage they had to just give it their all!
I got along with all of the sisters so great and had no idea which one
I would be paired up with! After the activity, we had dinner together
with all of the trainers and trainees, and headed back to our homes.
The next day, we met and had another meeting where the trainees were
told their new trainer and area that they would be working in. I was
assigned a Korean sister from Soeul who is a recent convert to the
church. She, her younger sister and her aunt's family are the only
members of the church in her family. She is 19 years old in American
age, as were most of the Korean sisters that came to our mission. It
is absolutely crazy how young the sisters are now! I feel like there
is a really BIG gap between our ages and maturity level, but I guess
there is a reason for the new age requirement. The amazing thing is
that they are all so willing to learn and to grow and to change! I
really understand now why the age requirment has changed! I think that
this is going to bring so many miracles to the world!

On Thursday afternoon my companion and I fly back to Jeju and were met
at the airport by our Elders! We then went home and started going over
the area. The weekend consisted of a lot of planning and procelyting
and studying. My companion is so kind and sweet and literally watches
my every move....kind of intimidating. haha! I love being a trainer,
and I really love to watch the how much my companion changes. It is so
incredible to see. I literally feel like a mom....this must be how it
is when you are a parent and are watching your kids grow up. Kind of
cool!

At church yesterday, we were able to attend a Seminary testimony
meeting and I was asked to bare my testimony about Seminary and how it
prepared me for missionary work. I was really surprized that really it
was all the years of waking up early and attending seminary before
school that really taught me the principles of the gospel and
especially how to use these principles in my daily life. I never
realized the impact that it had on me as a high school student, but
being here on a mission, I am able to see the benefits of all the hard
early mornings and daily study. The kids were blown away when I told
them how early I had to get up and that it was daily before school. I
really do know that Seminary is an inspired program that really helps
youth learn about gospel principles, learn how to apply gospel
principles, and most importantly receive a testimony of these gospel
principles!

Work here this transfer has been pretty hard. I have called and called
again our investigators, and they all ignore our calls and don't call
back. Things have literally suddenly changed from me coming back from
Busan. And our investigator that was waiting for her parent's
permission has stopped attending church and will not answer my texts
or calls. It has been really discouraging, but I feel like it is all
part of God's plan. My new companion does not understand or know the
gospel principles, and I feel at this time my focus is on her, almost
as an investigator. I have been working daily to help her study and
learn the principles from PMG and then couching her on how to teach
these principles to someone that has never heard them before. It is a
very teadious process, and I feel that we are not meeting with people
right now because my companion is literally not able to teach at this
point. It has been an interesting experience and fun to see how the
gospel is literally changing the missionary that I am living with. My
mission has completely changed to focusing on my companion and
changing her life.

Yesterday, being Easter, I thought a lot about my Savior Jesus Christ
and the life that He lived. I thought about the perfect example of
love that He set for all of us, the atonement that He performed, the
death that He paid for all of us, and the beautiful miracle of the
Resurrection. I really do know that Christ lives. I really do know
that He lived here on the Earth, that through His atonement He was
able to pay the price for all of our sins and mistakes, and He died
for each of us to make it possible to live with Him and our Heavenly
Father again someday. I know that we each will die someday, but I know
that we, like our Savior, will live again with perfect bodies and
knowledge with our Heavenly Father! What a beautiful miracle! I am so
thankful to be here and to be doing the Lord's work! What a fantastic
priviledge and opportunity to share my testimony and knowledge of my
Savior with the world! I love you all!

사랑해요!

커시 자매
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment