Monday, September 17, 2012

Letter #33


안녕하세요!
 
Hello everyone! :) Grandma and Grandpa Kersey I hope you had a great birthday!
 
Today, we were told to stay indoors all day because of the BIG typhoon that was coming. So Saturday night, we updated our 72 hour kits and got a lot of groceries and got ready for the big day! This morning, we received a call from our zone leader who said that we could leave our house for just two hours to get to the post office and e-mail our families to tell them that we haven't "blown up". Haha so here I am telling you that I haven't blown up....yet. Supposably the typhoon is coming in two hours... I am excited to see how it is going to be because just in the time we left our apartment, the 119 trucks (911 trucks) were outside and we could bairly use umbrellas because the wind was so strong. Things were falling and you could hear crashing sounds...kind of scary, but so cool!
 
So this week was kind of a get-to-know-you week. I was able to meet the ward members in my new ward and one of our investigators. Our ward is absolutley amazing and so friendly! I haven't seen such a big ward in my entire mission. They have a beautiful building that they bought for their Sunday services and it makes me feel like I am back in the states. This ward is considered the best ward in Korea. I am so excited to be here and serving these people. I keep feeling like there is a special reason that I am here in this area at this time. I am excited to see what is in store for me.
 
The weather is starting to get really cold...I think winter is on it's way. I was grateful that most of this week we were indoors planning and preparing and organizing for this transfer. I can feel that there will be many miracles that await us and I am so excited to see them unfold.
 
This week, a professor from BYU came and talked with us about Korean culture. He served a mission here and was the mission president a long time ago here in Busan. He gave us a history of Korea and why they have the culture that they do, along with their religious background. I learned so much about these people and why they view the things they do, like family and ancestors, as so important. What was even more amazing was being able to see how their culture and beliefs are so closely inter-connected with the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that we have today. I realized that all religions and beliefs have truths and somehow relate to Jesus Christ's gospel. The problem is that they lack the full truth. I feel so blessed to know that we do have the full truth on the Earth today and that all truths and addition truths are presented in this gospel. It just makes sense and what a blessing it is to know that we can have all the answers to our questions answered and continually receive more and more truth. Learning even more about these people that I so love has brought me an even deeper appreciation for them and their lives. I love them more and more and am so grateful to be living with them in their culture.
 
Well, I am alive and doing well! I am so happy to hear from so many of you and appreciate your love, support, and prayers. I hope you all have a fantastic week!
 
I love you!
사랑합니다!
 
커시 자매
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment