Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Letter #21


안녕하새요!

Happy Father's Day Daddy, Grandpa, and Pop! I hope you had a wonderful day! I love you all and am so happy to have such wonderful examples of good, dedicated men in my life! I hope you know how much I think of you and look up to you. Thank you for your love and endless support!

This last few days have been crazy! We got transfer calls on Thursday, and to my surprise, both my trainer and I were being transfered to new areas. I was so sad to hear the news because I thought for sure I would be staying in 통영 for one more transfer. Saying good-bye to our ward members was so hard and I felt like I was leaving my family. I am so grateful for them and their love towards me.

Last night, my companions and I put on a fireside for the ward and the community. It was a Music and the Spoken Word fireside (thank you so much dad for this idea!!!!!). A member from our ward read a narration from the Restoration pamphlet and my companions, some elders from our district, and others in our ward did musical numbers following the narration. It was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong. We had one of our investigators come and a previous investigator and his friend. I sang "Where Can I Turn for Peace" accapella after talking about the apostacy. Everyone in the ward was so moved by the program and there was not a dry eye in the audience through the whole fireside. I was so touched by how powerful music can be and is to our spirits. I truly believe that it helps us remember who we are, why we are here, and where we are going. I am so grateful for you dad in giving us this idea! Because of how successful it was, I want to try it again in my new area! It not only helped others not of our faith learn what we believe, but it strengthened the members and my own testimony!

I just arrived in my new area. It is called 얀산. I am working with Sister Brady and am so excited for the potential of this new area and the work that she did last transfer. Her and I both feel that there are going to be many miracles here and I cannot wait to start seeing them unfold!

I know that this work that I am doing is run by the hand of the Lord. I know that it is powerful and I feel so priviledged to be doing it everyday! Each day I wake up with a new drive to be used as the Lord's instrument to find and bring His children back to Him. I know that He loves us and that we are His children. I know that this gospel, the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, is true and I am so thankful for it each day of my life.

I love you all! Keep smiling and know that you are loved!

사랑합니다!
커시 자매

Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment