Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Letter #20


안영하새요!

First of all, I am sorry about no e-mail last week. For P-day we went
to 외도, a small tourist island!

It was an absolute blast! We got to ride on a boat and look at all the
beautiful gardens on the island and take
TONS of pictures! I attached a few for you to enjoy! We got back late
and had no time to e-mail...sorry!
Not much has happened these last two weeks...the work is really slow
right now. My companions and I have been focusing
most of our attention on trying to get less-actives to church. We have
a whole family coming now and another active family's
father. It has been wonderful to see them back and our ward loves
having them there! Every person really does make a
difference and is needed in every ward!
Last Saturday, my companions and I were at a bus stop and a young girl
was holding a cage with hampsters. This caught
our attention and we started talking to her. The girl was about eleven
years old and was thrilled to be talking to
three Americans. She was talking really slow and pronouncing
everything perfectly for us...which was really nice for
me (haha!). We started talking to her about our church and invited her
to attend church and Primary with us the next
day. To our surprise, she came!!! We talked with her after church
about the Restored gospel and introduced her to
the Book of Mormon. We invited her to read and pray about the Book of
Mormon and about our church. Within just a few
days, she had read twenty chapters of the Book of Mormon. She came to
church again yesterday and fits in perfectly
with our ward and the children in Primary! It is so fun to have her
there and the ward members have been so sweet to
give her rides to and from church, without even asking us if she
needed one! The ward members here in 통영 are absolutely

amazing and are so ready and willing to do missionary work and open
their arms to others. They are such wonderful
examples to me. I love them all so much.
Here in 통영, I have really been able to see the power of the Book of

Mormon in my life and in missionary work. The
Book of Mormon truly is the key-stone of our religion, along with
modern-day revelation. It is such a powerful book
and can answer any question that you have about yourself, life,
challenges, and God. It truly testifies of the Savior,
Jesus Christ and His reality and divinity, and the Atonement. It truly
is the most correct book and is God's words to
us on the Earth today. I have seen the Book of Mormon change lives,
and have seen how it has changed my own life. I
am and will be forever grateful for this priceless treasure. While
reading from this last General Conference, something
that Elder L. Tom Perry said really stood out to me. He said, "This
year in our Sunday school classes, we are studying
the Book of Mormon. As we prepare and participate, may we be motivated
to...share our love of this special scripture
with others not of our faith." I challenge each one of you that have
read the Book of Mormon to read it again. I challenge
those of you who have never read the Book of Mormon to read it. And I
challenge each one of you to share this priceless
treasure with someone in your life that you know that could benefit
from its message and find peace and answers to their
questions from it. I know that this book is true. I know that it is
for each one of us and will bring more peace and
direction in your life than you ever knew was possible. I know that
the Savior lives and that He loves each one of us!
I am so grateful for this gospel and for the happiness that it brings
to my life!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

사랑합니다!
커시 자매
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment