Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Letter #4

An nyong hah sey yo!
 
I wish that I had a Korean keyboard so I didn't have to romanize every time I say something in Korean. Ha ha oh well!
First of all I just heard the news about Shannon and Loren! Congratulations! I am so happy for you both and am somewhat jealous that I won't be able to see the baby for so long! I also heard about Channing's father. I am so sorry to hear about her and her family's loss. Aunt Becky, please give my condolences to Ryan and Channing and let them know that I am praying for them. Also, I wanted to thank the Rasmmussens and Aunt Cindy for their kind words. That really made my day and I thank you for your support and prayers.
 
So this week was fantastic! I feel like each week gets better and better as a missionary! I am loving it! I have never been so happy and so cheerful in my entire life! Life is good. Last Tuesday we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the MTC. We were anticipating that day for many weeks because we knew that we would be getting someone great to come speak to us. Elder Holland and his wife, Elder Nelson and his wife, many of the seventy and their wives, along with eleven previous MTC presidents and their wives came to celebrate the event! It was incredible! They talked to us about the buildings of the MTC and who they were named after. Each is named after a significant missionary in the church. Then Elder Nelson ended the fireside with a dedicatory prayer for the five new renovated buildings on the MTC. It was amazing the blessings that were given in the prayer of having the enlightenment that we needed to fulfill our work as set apart missionaries while studying in these buildings. No wonder the spirit is so strong and the miracles so prevalent here!
 
The Korean language is still slowly coming. My focus this week is to learn more vocabulary. I have all the grammar forms down, but my vocabulary is weak. The minute I feel like I am finally getting somewhere, I am humbled once again when one of the native Koreans speak to me! I have a LONG way to go! I have tried hard not to worry about the language because I know that it will come if I just keep applying myself and not worrying about it.
 
My district and I have been growing closer and closer together. We go through ups and downs together. I am so blessed to have such motivated people in my district and with such strong testimonies of this gospel and missionary work. We all get along great and are loving and supportive of each other. It is a blessing because I see other districts struggling to get along and to stay obedient. I just can't stop smiling when I see all these young men and women sitting all together really trying to learn and feel the spirit during a fireside, lesson, or talk, even with others around them goofing off! They are amazing people! We also have our points where we are silly too! With eight hours a day together in a classroom, there are times (or many times) when we will have laughing attacks! And you can imagine how those are with me! I will be crying for twenty minutes because I am laughing so hard! It is fun and gives us a good break! I love them all! And I am going to miss them so much when we have to go our separate ways once we get to Korea!
 
The lesson that stood out the most to me this last week has been the scripture in Joshua 3:5. It says that if you sanctify yourself, the Lord will work wonders among you. I was impressed with this message and did research on sanctification. To sanctify means to make pure and clean. In Helaman 3: 35, sanctification comes from yielding your heart unto God. To truly be God's instruments, we need to become one with God, or sanctify ourselves to be taught by Him and to be like Him. In D & C 43:16, we are told that we are taught form on high and are endowed with power if we sanctify ourselves. My goal is to completely sanctify myself to God and become like Him so that I can be His instrument here upon the Earth. I know that by doing this, I will be able to teach others of Christ because they will see Christ in me.
 
I know that this gospel is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I am humbled to be His representative here upon the Earth at this time to teach and love the people of Korea! I hope that I can be His instument and bring those that are looking for the truth unto Christ! I love you all!
 
Sister Kersey  

No comments:

Post a Comment