Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Letter #3

An nyong hah sey yo!
 
So this week has been a great one! Lots of studying and so many uplifting talks! Mom thank you so much for my package! That made my whole week! I was smiling from ear to ear! It sounds like all is well at home and that makes me so happy to hear!
 
The language is finally coming!!! What a relief! It just suddenly seemed to hit one day. I still have SO SO SO much to learn, but I am hearing what I need to and being able to put sentences and thoughts together!
 
About 12 Korean missionaries came this week to the MTC to get ready to go back and teach. They are the most amazing people I have ever met! So extremely kind and so generous. They are always smiling and wanted to help everyone. They are so Christ-like and so willing to help us with the language. They always compliment us, even when we sound terrible. I feel so priviledged to be going to Korea and that I will be able to be amongst these wonderful people and learn and LIVE their culture. Their energy and smiles are contageous and I feel amazing around them!
 
I have been playing the piano every Sunday in church and it is nice to be able to contribute something to our tiny branch. Sister Shin, our brach president's wife came by the other day to check up on us sisters. She is so wonderful and uplifts us. She always stresses to us to just enjoy the MTC and not worry about the language. I have been doing that and if feels so great to just relax and learn.
 
I absolutely love the sisters in my branch! They are my new great friends and are always so uplifting. I am so blessed to have friends so quickly and already feel like we are family! I just can't wait to be on the plane on the way to Korea with them!!!
 
So rumor has it that tonight, being the 50th anniversary for the MTC, that someone VERY important is coming!!! There are 700 guests coming...I am pretty sure it will be the prophet and some of the apostles! I can't wait! I have joined the choir with my companions so that we can have a great seat for tonight and be able to sing! We are singing Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer. It is a beautiful song! It will be a great experience!
 
Anyway that is about all that has happened this week...not too many new things. I am loving being a missionary and I feel so blessed everyday to be here and by having this opportunity to get prepared to share the gospel of truth to the Korean people. I have never been so happy and have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ! This has already been an opportunity of a lifetime and it hasn't even really started yet! I know that this gospel is true and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I know that He knows and loves us all individually and is with us always to lift us and help us. I know that the plan of salvation is the plan that brings happiness to families and everyone in the world. I love you all!!
 
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment