Thursday, March 21, 2013

Letter #58


안녕하세요!
 
Today for p-day, my district and I were able to go to a small island off of Jeju for the day!!! We just got back, and my hair is crazy, curly wind blown, and I am exhausted! But I am also so happy!!!! We were able to rent bikes and go around the whole island. We stopped and went down to the beach and then hiked into a cave and hiked to the highest peek of the island where you could see the whole island! It was beautiful! I ran out of space on my memory card, so will send home the pictures soon! What I love about working here on Jeju is that we can work hard, and then on P-days play hard! So much fun!
 
This week, we spent a lot of time with our investigator getting her ready for her baptism! We went to dinner at the young women's president's house this week and had dinner all together, and then were able to teach her the lesson of the restoration. It was such a fun lesson to teach, especailly because the young women leader had served here in the Busan mission (in my old areas) just a few years before. It was like she was just another companion! We had a blast teaching all together! We gave our investigator the Book of Mormon, and in just two days, she had already read the first seven chapters! Then a day later eight more! I just can't believe how ready she is and how prepared she is for this gospel! This week, to help her with overcoming coffee, we are not eating chocolate or ice cream!!!! Just like my companion and I did with Sister Park! It is fun to be doing it all together! :) Her parents have given permission for her to be baptized, and have said that they support her decision, but they are against signing the baptismal record. We are all praying hard for a miracle and as of right now, the baptism is still on for Saturday!
 
Also, President and Sister Gilbert came to Jeju this weekend for the stake conferences and meetings! It was great to see them, and they loved meeting our investigator!
 
We are still working hard and having miracles! :) This area is really special and I feel so blessed to be here!
 
I love each one of you! Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers! I love my mission and I love the joy that this gospel brings into my individual life and the change that I see it having in the lives of others around me! It is true! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
사랑합니다!
 
커시 자매
Sister Kersey

No comments:

Post a Comment